| Your Local Building Surveyors in Kent

Party Wall Surveyors

Party Wall Surveyor Kent, We are a specialist Party Wall practice.

We are very happy to respond to all queries and our initial advice is free.  Please contact us if you have a general question or if you want to understand your rights and obligations as a building owner or adjoining owner.

We undertake all aspects of work that are bound by the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 and are able to provide the following services:

  • Impartial Advice on your Party Wall Issues 
  • The preparation and service of valid and legal Party Wall Notice
  • We can act as a Party Wall Surveyor for either Building Owners or Adjoining Owners
  • We can also act as an Agreed Surveyor
  • We undertake Schedules of Condition surveys
  • Preparation and negotiation of Party Wall Awards (sometimes called Party Wall Agreements)

Adjoining Owners

The Party Wall etc Act 1996 gives you the right to be involved in any works undertaken on a party-owned element of a building. You have the right to bring in your own surveyor, and to seek both clarification and amendments to the plans from building owners. We can advise you of your rights, and of the best way to protect your property in a manner which does not cause rifts with your neighbours.


Building Owners

The Party Wall etc Act of 1996 gives you the right to carry out works to an element of a building which is jointly (or ‘Party’) owned. You are also entitled to access adjoining land in order to carry out these works. The Act requires all relevant parties to be given notice of such works, and aims to obtain agreement between parties before works can begin. We can help to advise you on your rights as defined by the Act, and the best way to go about your works without upsetting your neighbours unduly.